Cereal killers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portal 2HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Well, this is new....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
{CK}Cap'n Crunch
Commander and Chief
Commander and Chief
{CK}Cap'n Crunch

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Well, this is new.... Empty
PostSubject: Well, this is new....   Well, this is new.... Time10Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:40 pm

Some of you know that yesterday i started up my pc and then booted up vent, and vent was like.."this is the first time you have started vent, do you wish to view the tutorial?" I was like WTF? I had to re-input the server info and stuff. Then i booted up mozilla later and it was like "This is the first time you have used firefox, do you wish to import your cookies and bookmarks from Internet Explorer?" again...WTF?! It seems as if my pc is suffering from memory loss or something, i have never seen this. Cause now i boot it up today and it doesnt have my background and it looks like a brand new profile from scratch. The only thing is, is that all the info is there. Its just not using it. I boot up firefox now and EVERYTIME i boot it, it tells me that this isn't my default browser. YES IT IS DAMNIT! I dont have AVG running anymore, even though its installed- it isn't running. Same goes for all my other stuff. I can play WoW, but again i boot up Vent and apparently its the first time i have ran it- again. So, its not like i CANT use my PC, its just really annoying. So i will be formatting today. Luckily i have multiple partitions, so i wont lose information. I will just get to reinstall every program and update the fuck out of VISTA. sigh.
Back to top Go down
{CK}Cap'n Crunch
Commander and Chief
Commander and Chief
{CK}Cap'n Crunch

PostSubject: Re: Well, this is new....   Well, this is new.... Time10Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:26 pm

well, never mind. Before resulting in a format to fix something that i believed to be a small issue. I have solved it, for some reason my profile got some kind of error, and windows wouldn't load it again, so it would load a TEMP profile instead. I had to do some registry editing, but im up and back to normal. very weird indeed.
Back to top Go down
{CK}Cheerios
1st Class Master Killer
1st Class Master Killer
{CK}Cheerios

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Well, this is new....   Well, this is new.... Time10Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:19 am

lol. Capn's computer had memory loss.

Pretty damn funny. How'd you discover that was the problem?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/RyanA09
{CK}Cap'n Crunch
Commander and Chief
Commander and Chief
{CK}Cap'n Crunch

PostSubject: Re: Well, this is new....   Well, this is new.... Time10Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:26 pm

Because all of my files were still intact, and the fact that every time i booted firefox it would say that this is the first time i have ran this. Temp profiles allow you to USE the OS, but not really change anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, this is new....   Well, this is new.... Time10

Back to top Go down

Well, this is new....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cereal killers :: News :: Capn's Log-
Jump to: