Cereal killers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portal 2HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Circuit City

Go down 
+4
{CK}Special_K
{CK}KIX
{CK}Cheerios
{CK}Smacks
8 posters
AuthorMessage
{CK}Smacks
Admiral
Admiral
{CK}Smacks

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Circuit City Empty
PostSubject: Circuit City   Circuit City Time10Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:34 pm

Circuit City would like to thank all of the customers who have shopped with us over the past 60 years. Unfortunately, we announced on January 16, 2009, that we are going out of business.

Please check back later for updates about the status of our website. In the meantime, we hope the information below will help answer most of your questions.
What's going on at Circuit City?

* Due to challenges to our business and the continued bleak economic environment, Circuit City is going out of business and the company's assets will be liquidated to pay off creditors.
* The process was extremely difficult and we were left with no other choice but to liquidate. Circuit City had a proud heritage of serving the public for 60 years and we deeply regret the impact this decision will have on our associates, our customers and the communities where we have operated stores and other facilities.
* We had hoped to be able to emerge from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection as a stronger, more competitive company and we made significant progress during the reorganization to improve our business. Unfortunately, the economic climate is so poor that we have no choice other than liquidation.
* Liquidators will start arriving in our 567 stores across the U.S. over the weekend, and closing sales will start as early as Saturday, January 17. Closing sales will run as long as it takes to sell existing inventory, but are expected to wrap up by the end of March. When the liquidation sales are completed, the stores will be closed.
* At the company's corporate offices in Richmond, Virginia, a small staff will remain on duty during the completion of the liquidation process; most associates will be relieved of their duties immediately.
* Consistent with federal labor laws, Circuit City associates are receiving 60-days notice of the termination of their employment. Those who stay on to help with the liquidation, of course, will receive pay and benefits. Those who are dismissed earlier will be receiving pay and benefits for the 60-day period beginning January 16, 2009.
* Associates at our company headquarters will be asked to come back on Monday, January 19, to find out more about their status and to retrieve their personal belongings.

For more info go to http://www.circuitcity.com/closed.html
Back to top Go down
{CK}Smacks
Admiral
Admiral
{CK}Smacks

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Circuit City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circuit City   Circuit City Time10Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:13 pm

Circuit City's stock closed Friday down 4 cents to reach 26 cents.

Retailers who have filed for bankruptcy protection

By The Associated Press – 1 day ago

The fallout from the miserable holiday season is in full swing, and experts expect even more retailers to file for bankruptcy or just liquidate in coming months as consumers keep tight control of their spending because of job worries and dwindling retirement accounts.

Among notable retailers who have filed for bankruptcy protection since May:

_Circuit City Stores Inc., the nation's second-biggest electronics retailer, filed for Chapter 11 in November. But the chain announced Friday that it will liquidate its 567 U.S. stores after failing to reach a deal to sell the company.

_Department store chain Gottschalks Inc. put itself up for sale and filed to reorganize in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy on Wednesday.

_Discount clothing chain Goody's Family Clothing filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Tuesday, the retailer's second such petition in less than a year as it struggles with mounting debt and a staggering drop-off in sales.

_KB Toys filed for bankruptcy protection two weeks before Christmas and has been liquidating its stores. KB Toys also filed for bankruptcy protection in January 2004.

_Parent Co., the operator of online toy seller etoys.com, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in December and said it will consider selling some or all of its operations.

_Linens 'N Things filed for bankruptcy protection in May. It announced liquidation sales at its stores in October after failing to find a buyer that wanted to operate the company.

_Steve & Barry's filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in July, then later abandoned plans to keep stores open and said it would liquidate.

_Mervyns LLC filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in July and said it would hold liquidation sales at its remaining stores.
Back to top Go down
{CK}Cheerios
1st Class Master Killer
1st Class Master Killer
{CK}Cheerios

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Circuit City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circuit City   Circuit City Time10Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:45 am

Its sad. And at the same time a little terrifying.

But they say that after a recession the truely strong companies are left and it helps better serve the consumer. Hopefully there are still some companies left after this damn thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/RyanA09
{CK}KIX
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant
{CK}KIX

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Circuit City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circuit City   Circuit City Time10Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:39 pm

Just think of the companies that dont stop selling.....omg they all gunna get rich....dont you think,or am i way off.....lol
Back to top Go down
{CK}Special_K
1st Class Master Killer
1st Class Master Killer
{CK}Special_K

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Circuit City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circuit City   Circuit City Time10Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:25 pm

{CK}KIX wrote:
Just think of the companies that dont stop selling.....omg they all gunna get rich....dont you think,or am i way off.....lol

yep here comes bestbuy raising prices on everything
Back to top Go down
{CK}KIX
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant
{CK}KIX

Circuit City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circuit City   Circuit City Time10Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:19 pm

you know...i think it funny that prices of everything goes up but the money that we make to buy all this overpriced shit does not,like this tv change,everyone NEEDS to get new tv or the service they use or a converter....i mean where does it stop?......oh well done bitching now......lol
Back to top Go down
Nc.
Killer 1st Class
Killer 1st Class
Nc.

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Circuit City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circuit City   Circuit City Time10Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:27 pm

I checked out the store closing sales.
Badass..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nc_mothafuckers
{CK}Cap'n Crunch
Commander and Chief
Commander and Chief
{CK}Cap'n Crunch

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Circuit City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circuit City   Circuit City Time10Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:20 pm

{CK}KIX wrote:
you know...i think it funny that prices of everything goes up but the money that we make to buy all this overpriced shit does not,like this tv change,everyone NEEDS to get new tv or the service they use or a converter....i mean where does it stop?......oh well done bitching now......lol

This is true, the price of everything does increase, except for our labor. Hopefully, this depression that we are sinking into will get better. Even if Obama has a plan, we still won't see any "immediate" affects. The sad thing is that i believe no matter what happens, we all still have a chance at working at Wal-mart.
Back to top Go down
{CK}Cheerios
1st Class Master Killer
1st Class Master Killer
{CK}Cheerios

Circuit City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circuit City   Circuit City Time10Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:42 am

Nope, I applied, they didn't respond. So not everyone. Obviously I am not worthy to live since even Wal Mart doesn't want me.

=*(
Back to top Go down
Meep Meep
Killer 2nd Class
Killer 2nd Class
Meep Meep

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Circuit City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circuit City   Circuit City Time10Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:51 am

TL;DR: YOU ARE ALL FUCKED. Surprised
Back to top Go down
{CK}Cheerios
1st Class Master Killer
1st Class Master Killer
{CK}Cheerios

Circuit City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circuit City   Circuit City Time10Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:33 am

TL;DR:

???
Back to top Go down
{CK}Special_K
1st Class Master Killer
1st Class Master Killer
{CK}Special_K

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Circuit City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circuit City   Circuit City Time10Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:40 am

{CK}Cheerios wrote:
Nope, I applied, they didn't respond. So not everyone. Obviously I am not worthy to live since even Wal Mart doesn't want me.

=*(

lol u can call sears in a few days cuz i bascially got the job at ruiz unless u can get a job with cary at ross im sure they pay a lil better then min wage?
Back to top Go down
{CK}KIX
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant
{CK}KIX

Circuit City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circuit City   Circuit City Time10Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:49 am

hey cheerios,you can come cut my grass twice a week if you want.....lol its not walmart but it pays 2 copper and one gold...........lmfao
Back to top Go down
{CK}Honeycombs
1st Class Master Killer
1st Class Master Killer
{CK}Honeycombs

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Circuit City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circuit City   Circuit City Time10Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:23 pm

man fuck that shit i wouldn't do it for less then 5000gold you bitch what happen to gas included
Back to top Go down
{CK}Cap'n Crunch
Commander and Chief
Commander and Chief
{CK}Cap'n Crunch

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Circuit City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circuit City   Circuit City Time10Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:56 pm

This guy isn't lieing!