Cereal killers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portal 2HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What to do about Jacks

Go down 
+10
{CK}Cheerios
Daravos
{CK}KIX
{CK}Smacks
Envy Requiem [Frosted]
{CK}Special_K
GoldKingTiger
{CK}Toasties
Nc.
{CK}GrapeNuts
14 posters

what to do about Jacks?
Reset his original ranks as Lt Commander
What to do about Jacks Vote_l109%What to do about Jacks Vote_r10
 9% [ 1 ]
Just start deleting all his pointless posts thus lowering his post count and rank
What to do about Jacks Vote_l1045%What to do about Jacks Vote_r10
 45% [ 5 ]
Burn him at the stake
What to do about Jacks Vote_l1045%What to do about Jacks Vote_r10
 45% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
{CK}GrapeNuts
Admiral
Admiral
{CK}GrapeNuts

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-01-28

What to do about Jacks Empty
PostSubject: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:34 pm

Ok I have noticed an awful lot of activity on the forums here lately and to my dismay have found a lot of one word wonder posts from a certain someone. I have to take responsibility for the monster I helped create. When we told Jacks that he would have to start over in rank if he came out of retirement we never would have imagined that he would sink so low as to post huh? or what? or Ha Ha, or even lol, on nearly every single forum on the site. I have a few suggestions for solving this problem. remember guys back in the day Jacks did help out with LAN's and even hosted a few. It was kind of harsh to demote him entirely just because he got married and disappeared for a while. Also remember guys "hes not heavy he's my brother."
Back to top Go down
Nc.
Killer 1st Class
Killer 1st Class
Nc.

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:42 pm

On another board that I'm staff on, if someone spams to get perks like an advertisement thread or something then their post count is reduced to zero the first time. Then after that the ban stick gets broken out.
But I'm not apart of yall so I'm not gonna vote. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nc_mothafuckers
{CK}GrapeNuts
Admiral
Admiral
{CK}GrapeNuts

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:30 pm

good idea though
Back to top Go down
{CK}Toasties
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:32 pm

Sorry but ya I say put him back to the start, and let him get it the legit way.
JUST LIKE THE REST OF US.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dramsey417
GoldKingTiger
Spooner 2nd Class
Spooner 2nd Class
GoldKingTiger

Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:42 pm

crucify him
Back to top Go down
{CK}Special_K
1st Class Master Killer
1st Class Master Killer
{CK}Special_K

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:46 pm

yeah we all had to start somewhere i mean shit me and cheerios started out as noob1 and noob2
Back to top Go down
{CK}Toasties
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:23 pm

WTF you mean started out??
You speak as if you are no longer a noob.

YOU STILL ARE NOOB1 & NOOB2
LOL just playin
Back to top Go down
Envy Requiem [Frosted]
Killer 1st Class
Killer 1st Class
Envy Requiem [Frosted]

Number of posts : 97

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:59 pm

Rusty do you want me to really tell you what to do with him?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/limitdrive
{CK}Special_K
1st Class Master Killer
1st Class Master Killer
{CK}Special_K

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:18 pm

Envy Requiem [Frosted] wrote:
Rusty do you want me to really tell you what to do with him?

Dont just tell rusty tell the whole world
Back to top Go down
{CK}Smacks
Admiral
Admiral
{CK}Smacks

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:28 pm

Rusty, when we whet online he never was on. With that said we told him to try to get on at least once a week. Hell once a month would had been fine. Just because he's married dose not mean he can't never come on. Hell, we even have other members that are married as will even me. He went into retirement and if he wants out of retirement then you start over in rank this goes for everyone that is a member even me. He can still move up in rank other ways just look at Toasties, Special_K, and other members.

Anyways I vote that his Rank stays were it's at now.

Smacks out
Back to top Go down
{CK}KIX
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant
{CK}KIX

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2008-03-22

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:21 pm

I dont know if i have a right to say anything on this matter, but if an agreement was made when leaving that coming back would mean starting over,than i guess you would have to do so. but on the other hand he was here long before me....
Back to top Go down
{CK}Special_K
1st Class Master Killer
1st Class Master Killer
{CK}Special_K

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:35 pm

{CK}Smacks wrote:
Rusty, when we whet online he never was on. With that said we told him to try to get on at least once a week. Hell once a month would had been fine. Just because he's married dose not mean he can't never come on. Hell, we even have other members that are married as will even me. He went into retirement and if he wants out of retirement then you start over in rank this goes for everyone that is a member even me. He can still move up in rank other ways just look at Toasties, Special_K, and other members.

Anyways I vote that his Rank stays were it's at now.

Smacks out

Yeah i mean shit i dont have school atm but when i do im still active maby not as much but i get on
and i still work and yet i still have time to at least get on 4 a bit
i mean shit its been how many months? 4,5? idk but damn never coming on that long you need an excuse like well my computer was broke or i was in a coma
Back to top Go down
Daravos
M.I.A.
M.I.A.
Daravos

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:45 pm

Slowly crawling up on 6 months since you guys decided to go global.

(Fuck, has it been that long already?)

----

But on topic here.... If it's just gonna be worthless shit (IE: One word posts... (wtf?)), Screw it.

If he wants it back bad enough, he can earn it back.

Granted it'll take a bit of work and a massive drop on the bullshit, but hey...

His call.
Back to top Go down
{CK}Cheerios
1st Class Master Killer
1st Class Master Killer
{CK}Cheerios

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:41 am

Nice to see you back.

But yeah, I think its time to just start over, and call it quits. WE all earned our rank, its time for him to earn his.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/RyanA09
{CK}Toasties
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:32 pm

Damn straight..

I have a wife and 2 kids, well the kids are here part of the time.
But anyway, the main thing is, I PLAY WOW, IT IS MY LIFE, I CANT LIVE WITHOUT IT.
IF I AM NOT BATTELING IT OUT IN AN EPIC BATTLE OF GOOD Vs EVIL. THEN I AM NOT LIVING.

LMFAO just playin sounded funny.
But seriously, we all have lives, and still manage to hop on from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Nc.
Killer 1st Class
Killer 1st Class
Nc.

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:05 pm

Over the past 3years I've done school combined with a PM job and then working 4-4 everyday in the summer. ((Yay for my first summer of freedom)) Anyways, like said above.. everyone has lives. But then again you wont see me very much come next year when the government gets me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nc_mothafuckers
{CK}Froot Loops
Spooner 3rd Class
Spooner 3rd Class
{CK}Froot Loops

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:11 am

As I see it, it's up to you Grape. You and whoever run this forum. You wanna make a consequince (sp?) for cheesing the board, then make one. While I did think of doing it myself, I thought better of it, and I am gonna earn my title. God knows it'll prolly take me forever, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
{CK}Cheerios
1st Class Master Killer
1st Class Master Killer
{CK}Cheerios

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:48 pm

Amen amen bro. Posting isn't the only way to get up in the ranks.
Back to top Go down
{CK}Fruit Brute
Recruit
Recruit
{CK}Fruit Brute

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:37 pm

To be honest, what's the difference between a bunch of one word reply posts, and a bunch of long winded reply posts. I can understand of course, complaining about reposting in old closed threads, that's just plain stupid, but in all honesty, if he's been gone for so long, they are new to him, are they not. Also, why does he have to start out all the way from the begining again? I could understand a drop in rank, but to make you start all over again from the begining, well, no wonder he's resorting to spamming the posts. I think the main flaw is, and I'm slitting my own throat here since i never seam to make it on any games, setting up the rank to include posts. I don't think I've ever heard of a clan having post count having any relation towards ranking. I understand this clan is young, and trying to find a way to get everyone involved, but I believe rank should be based on merit, not just time played or posts made. As for his rank, should he get his old rank back, probably not, but then, how long do you have to be inactive before you lose your rank? If you miss a week, is your rank gonna drop? These are questions you should think about when determining his rank. Of course, that's just my opinion, and we all knoiw what opinions are worth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/grimmdementia
{CK}Cheerios
1st Class Master Killer
1st Class Master Killer
{CK}Cheerios

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:33 pm

The posts are just a foundation. Most people sitll rank up through merit and such.
Back to top Go down
{CK}KIX
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant
{CK}KIX

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2008-03-22

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:14 pm

I think that fruit makes a very good point, if everyone that is ahead in posts replys to a post from some one that is lower in posts, they always stay a step ahead. at least i see it like that a lil. if your not on every day posting or replying to all, does your rank go down?
I know im on the web site every day, but somedays there is not really anything i want to reply to, i dont think that should hurt my rank or my chance to rank up...
Back to top Go down
{CK}Cap'n Crunch
Commander and Chief
Commander and Chief
{CK}Cap'n Crunch

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:38 am

I think what it mainly was, is the fact that he did this "one worded" posting deal at ONE TIME. He went through all the forums and did this in one sitting within a matter of minutes. Thus, making us curious to what is all being posted on all of these forums, then we take the time to load up every fucking web page to find "Sweet". Now, if it was just a few here and there, it wouldn't have been so bad. But a bulk unit of them hit the site and our curiosity brought us in to finding out what it was.
Back to top Go down
{CK}Cheerios
1st Class Master Killer
1st Class Master Killer
{CK}Cheerios

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:48 am

Lambs to the slaughter... By one worded posts...
Back to top Go down
{CK}Smacks
Admiral
Admiral
{CK}Smacks

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:20 pm

{CK}Fruit Brute wrote:
how long do you have to be inactive before you lose your rank? If you miss a week, is your rank gonna drop? These are questions you should think about when determining his rank. Of course, that's just my opinion, and we all knoiw what opinions are worth.

The questions you are asking we have answers to. If you miss a week, dose your rank drop? No your rank will not drop. Demotion is the last resort, if a member is inactive for one month we try to contact that member with an E-mail. After one week of that E-mail being sent if that member is still not active, rank goes to (M.I.A) and we sent another E-mail. If you are (M.I.A) for one week your rank goes down everyday after that.

Cereal Killers Ranking system, The unique thing about Cereal Killers is that we have in-clan ranks (though other clans might have that too), we take ours seriously. And just like Cheerios said, you can still rank up through merit and such.

{CK}Fruit Brute wrote:
why does he have to start out all the way from the begining again?

We are starting his rank from the beginning because, he has not been active since we went online. The leaders of this clan have tried to get him to be active. And I have not seen him online since he did his posting deal at one time.

I hope I have answered all of your questions.

Thank you

Smacks Out
Back to top Go down
{CK}Toasties
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:03 am

Plus if you had read the post about the ranking system.
Then you would have known that it is set to where the first ranks are set for low amount of posts. And the higher ranks are set to
GOOD FUCKIN LUCK. They are ungodly high. If they are set the way I think they are anyway.
Oh wait nm my bad that post was in the officers club. So most prolly never seen it. But in anycase the amount of posts are really a small fraction of the ranking system.

Hoping on bullshiting, being active in any way shape or form.
And donating, and providing for the Clan in anyway is what earns you your ranks the fastest. So its not really based on the number of posts, or who has the most posts. Thats there to help you advance closer to your joining time.
Back to top Go down
{CK}LuckyCharms
Admiral
Admiral
{CK}LuckyCharms

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:04 am

yes they are set to good fucking luck how did you find out who told him??!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/comegetownedbitch
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do about Jacks   What to do about Jacks Time10

Back to top Go down

What to do about Jacks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cereal killers :: Open Chat-
Jump to: